A computer polymath, I have worked with computers since the 1980s. A time without drop in libraries to do the complicated stuff. A time when you had to do everything yourself. A time when you had to squeeze the last drop of processing power out of the machine and fit everything into the tiniest space.
So, if you want an efficient solution, rather than just throw money and hardware at a problem, I’m your man.
- Search algorithms
- Database design
- Systems integration and data transfer
- Data cleaning
- Systems automation
- Embedded systems
- Interface design (UX design)
- Data analysis
- BSc joint honours in computing and psychology
- BTech computing.
- “Ready.” it said. (My first steps into programming)
- Unlimited Power! (First experience of machine code programming)
- Mission Impossible (“It can’t be done”, my teacher said)
- Brain Overload!
- Slaying the Giant (Z80 v. VAX)
- Squeezing a Gallon Out of a Pint Pot (One will be difficult enough, but you want eight?)
- Virus! (Writing the first anti-virus program… maybe)
- Automation Irritation (Doing a good job upsets the boss)
- Freelance Frustration (First steps into freelance, a beautiful program for a failed product)
- Why Write Code When You Can Draw It? (Development of a new way of programming)